Senior .NET Developer
Founded in 1996, GlobalView is a leading provider of innovative energy market data and software solutions. Unique in its ability to integrate real time, historical and customer proprietary data, GlobalView has helped global organizations reduce costs and improve trading results with its MarketView solutions suite. GlobalView provides both front and back office solutions and offers one of the only SaaS-based solutions in the market, delivering unprecedented levels of portability and accessibility. With offices in Chicago, Houston, London and Singapore, GlobalView provides prompt and comprehensive support to customers around the world.
GlobalView is looking for a skilled senior .NET Developer to help develop a ground up real time technical analysis platform written in C#. As a senior .NET Developer you will play an active role in the design, development and support of the next generation of desktop products and services. The successful candidate possesses above average design skills, a flair for usability and a strong work ethic. Experience within the energy industry and the ability to work independently are required. This position is based in our Chicago downtown office.
- Play an integral role in the design, development and support of a C# real time technical analysis front end for the energy markets.
- Work in parallel with a Lead Architect and 10 person Team based in Serbia.
- Coordinate client side efforts with Server Team architects based in Chicago and Serbia.
- Articulate technical opinions and creative ideas to Product Management and other Team Members.
- Provide customer support and guidance for a .NET API and Web Service when necessary.
- Support Java based legacy application when necessary.
- 5+ years of development experience in Microsoft technologies including C#, VB.NET and C++.
- 3+ years of development experience in Java.
- Experience developing, designing and supporting real time mission critical applications.
- Experience with multi-threaded application development.
- Experience working with teams in disparate geographic locations.
- Demonstrated self-starter with the ability to set the direction when there is little or none.
- Deep understanding of design patterns and architectural patterns.
- Experience with Mercurial Source Control desired.
- Experience with SQL Server a plus but not required.
- Competitive salary commensurate with skills and experience.
- Performance-based bonuses and stock options.
- Applicants must be willing to take technical test administered by company.
GlobalView Software, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.