Quality Assurance Engineer
Founded in 1996, GlobalView is a leading provider of innovative energy market data and software solutions. Unique in its ability to integrate real time, historical and customer proprietary data, GlobalView has helped global organizations reduce costs and improve trading results with its MarketView solutions suite. GlobalView provides both front and back office solutions and offers one of the only SaaS-based solutions in the market, delivering unprecedented levels of portability and accessibility. With offices in Chicago, Houston, London and Singapore, GlobalView provides prompt and comprehensive support to customers around the world.
GlobalView is looking for a skilled Quality Assurance Engineer, responsible for implementing and automating testing across a variety of technologies including Java, .NET and Microsoft SQL Server. The Quality Assurance Lead will document and implement test plans for new projects, report and manage defects, regress software fixes for new and existing products, assist development with replicating and debugging problems and develop test automation solutions as needed. The successful candidate possesses strong technical and test automation skills, has experience within the financial futures and commodities industry and is self-motivated and enjoys working both independently and as part of a team. This position is based in our Chicago downtown office.
- Participation in the product life-cycle including requirements gathering, creation of functional specifications, test plans and deployment.
- Develop and implement comprehensive QA test plans and test cases, tools and infrastructure for both front end and server side software.
- Develop and execute regression tests and perform both white and black box testing against releases of the technology.
- Perform all aspects of verification, including functional, structural, regression, load and system testing.
- Document, troubleshoot and isolate problems encountered during testing.
- Develop and implement complex test automation both at the functional and system level.
- Work with other members of the GlobalView development team to improve our processes, tools, methods, effectiveness and efficiency.
- Technical training and professional work experience preferably within the energy industry, preferably in market data.
- A minimum of 5 years cumulative experience testing and supporting system software.
- A strong technical background coupled with in-depth experience testing or developing software for Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Background in QA methodologies and experience executing comprehensive test suites for system software.
- Ability to troubleshoot software and hardware configuration problems.
- Demonstrated ability to handle/organize multiple technical projects simultaneously.
- Competitive salary commensurate with skills and experience.
- Performance-based bonuses and stock options.
GlobalView Software, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.